RE: ORW Light bar review

From: Bill Nissley (bill@nissley.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 05:43:15 EDT

Here is the website of the manufacturer of the bar. I don't know if you
mentioned it but this was the only bar that I found that was made to
specifically fit the Dakota/Durango. The Fabtech and Pro Comp ones are
generic truck models to fit our truck.

http://www.offroadinnovations.com/

I bought mine from ORC also. My install didn't go as perfect as yours.
One side hangs down about 1/2 lower than the other side even after
enlarging the two main holes to compensate.

I was at a off road show and talked to the owner of ORI (not ORW) and he
came out to the parking lot to look at it. He agreed that the bar was
wrong and it wasn't my installation. He said that he thought sending me
another one wouldn't fix it. They make them in a jig and the jig must be
wrong. He volunteered that if I wanted to I could go to there Mfg.
facility near San Diego and they could possibly try and fix there jig or
correct the bar. One thing led to another and I never did end up going
down there. I am still quite happy with it. I think I am the only one
who notices it.

I did talk to him about the small diagonal bars inconsistent spacing
with the distance from the headlights, and he said that the tubing was
too small to keep exactly even so a slight adjustment pushing the bar
forward or backward is necessary.

There are pictures of mine linked to my DML profile.

http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dakota/Ah0EiM5qG@xcE/profile.htm

Bill