Re: Durango Ball Joint complaint

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 10:38:18 EDT

""Ned Buckmaster"" <Ned@Buckmaster.com> wrote in message
news:000201c3563e$326a6360$6401a8c0@Dell8200...

> According to the Federal Mogul site https://mfr.ccitriad.com/mfrcat/extsrv
,
> those part numbers are complete upper and lower control arms, including
the
> ball joints. Is that what you got? How much were they?
>
> T thought someone had replacement ball joints where you drilled out the
> rivets and bolted new ones in...
>
> Ned

I haven't ordered them yet, the one (an upper) that I replaced previously
was way before the 2000 moog line of parts came out and after my warranty
ran out... I put a Dana Chassis ball joint in instead since it was available
from my local napa for about $60.

I have done some calling around for the moog lowers as a result of this
thread (and because I need to replace a lower one) and have actually not
been able to find the part. I gave federal mogul a quick phone call to their
tech support line (800-325-8886 in case you were wondeirng) and they
informed me that it was not the whole a-arm, that it was just a joint and
that unfortunately they haven't started production of them yet and have no
estimated in store date.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L