Re: Front End Popping

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 11:28:52 EDT

On Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003, at 10:55 America/New_York,
victor.williams@byers.com wrote:

>> mine is shot, too, and I've been meaning to ask:
>> for those who have swapped, how big a job is it, how expensive is a
>> new
>> one, and is there any means to rebuild the old one? (i.e. new U-joint
>> or re lubing the slider)

> Very easy to remove and replace, Mark it so you know how you took it
> off.
> Loosen bolt on each end, slide one end off while compressing shaft,slip
> other end off.
>
> Very expensive at dealer. Aftermarket ones can be ordered for even
> more
> money.
>
> here's link to how to replace on a RAM
> http://dodgeram.info/tech/mods/borgeson/index.html

thanks, victor.
I was looking around Tenafly's parts catalogue but I can't find the
shaft. does anyone know what dodge calls it? I don't see anything of
similar name in collision or mechanical.

'input shaft' or 'sector shaft' are the only two names that look even
vaguely possible, and no parts are listed under those headings for a
'98 Dak. Borgson also only has aftermarket shafts for fullsize
trucks....

I guess maybe I ought to try to rebuild if I can't find anything....

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech