Re: The Aftermath of the 2003 DML BBQ.

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 21:02:21 EDT

I hope you have better luck than I did trying to find one. I never did,
which is why my Dak drove to and from the BBQ, and I had to stay away from
the pit.

If I'd found one, I would have taken the Dak on the trailer knowing that
there were quite a few others that would still be heading back the same way.
The trailer &/or tow vehicle would have been let to anyone needing it as
long as my Dak was still driveable. I figured it was bound to happen to
someone based on the past carnage.

If anyone can find a trailer that's suitable for a Dak for sale near enough
to Jon's that not to expensive (I've been hoping to find somehing around
$1500 or less) I'd be willing to purchase it loan it out for the trip. I'm
still trying to find one. I'd just need to figure out how to get it
eventually, but I don't think Tom is that much farther away from me than Jon
is. Too bad a large number of trailer manufacturers seem to be in Texas
rather than New York. Would have made the quest quite a bit easier.

Looks like I need to get my Dak weighed this week to confirm what its weight
really is and what payload capacity I really do need.

David Henry
94 Sport CC 4x4, 318, 5spd, Lifted on 33" BFG MT