Re: Re: Hollow Sway Bar Design

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 18:41:23 EDT

A little bit, but the key questions have yet to be answered. Is the
current tubular design Dodge uses actually better than the previous
solid ones? I don't have any problem with the idea that a hollow tube
can be stronger/stiffer than a solid rod, but that's still dependent
upon the materials used, the diameter of the rod, and the ID and OD of
the tube.

I know that the Hotchkis sway bar set is tubular, but there's no way I'm
shelling out $500 for them.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------