Re: new idea for christine

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 00:23:04 EDT

I don't know if this will help, but I have a few ideas.....

My freind frank has a trailer for hauling his race cars, but I dont know if
it has power brakes or not. I'll ask if it would be available.

which leads me to another question....is there a vehicle we can use to tow
it if we get a trailer??

I know this sounds extreme, but if all else fails can we get another tranny
and do a midnight swap there and drive her home??

....just my .02

--
Gary Hedlin
President

Gary's Wisdom- #1

-No matter what you say, you will always offend some stupid people! "Michael Maskalans" <mike-lists@tepidcola.com> wrote in message news:263F4B02-C300-11D7-8BA3-000A277E09C8@tepidcola.com... > > > On Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003, at 18:38 America/New_York, > jon@dakota-truck.net wrote: > > > no place to store it and only professional towing companies and/or > > renting a U-haul truck & trailer to turn to. > > Very Good Point. > > > a plane ticket and a transmission > > flush/service are going to cost more than renting a U-haul trailer. > > well, there is always Amtrak or Greyhound, but the time investment > makes them equally more expensive. > > > Regarding the tow bar, I would much rather tow a truck on > > a trailer than use a towbar. Drivetrain issues for the towed > > truck notwithstanding, when you are using a tow bar, you'd be > > towing around 4,000lbs of dead weight. > > I forgot about the braking issue with a draw bar. I'll also need to > look into whether UHauls have electric or surge brakes. If electric, > I'll need to pick up an actuator since we no longer own any trailers > with electric brakes (electric brakes and boat trailers have only been > introduced to each other in the past 3 or so years, and are still very > uncommon). I think the 5x8 UHaul I pulled had surge brakes, so I'd be > surprised if their transporter trailers didn't, as well. However, if I > find a trailer locally there's an equal chance of either, I suspect. > > > Oh, speaking of expenses, I for > > one would be willing to kick in some money to help offset some of > > the cost of the trailer rental and Mike's gas. > > Thanks, Jon - that's really generous and thoughtful of you. > -- > Michael Maskalans <http://mike.tepidcola.com/> > Apple Campus Rep - ClassTech Consultant - Printer Tech > mobile.612.618.4652 campus.585.274.2246 fax.954.697.0487 >