Re: Re: Scary Oil problems making me nervous

From: VRMan (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 13:50:24 EDT

Now that I think about it, after I switched to the amsoil synthetic, the
gauge read a little lower on idle than with the initial dino oil.

Thanks for all the replies! It's nice to be able to verify this kind of
stuff and put my mind at ease! :)

A little off the topic, but who do I need to slap for making up these
gauges? What kind of mathematical exponential curve did they use to create
them? ie, check that temp gauge..my halfway point says 210, which isn't
mathematically halfway between the lower and upper reading printed on it
even tho the distance between the two looks the same. <sigh> Do they do that
on purpose so we sound like idiots when we try to talk to the service guys?!
:)

--
Phil Batson
'00 4x4 CC 4.7L

""BARRY OLIVER"" <DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us> wrote in message > On my 318, I have noticed that my oil pressure is lower with 10w30 than 15w50 (duh, it's thinner oil) I have noticed it's about the same range between idle and wot, just at a differen't place on the scale. If you are switching from 10w40 dyno juice to 10w30 mobil1, expect your guage to read a bit lower... >