Re: Re: Scary Oil problems making me nervous

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 13:33:35 EDT

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:04:36 -0400, jbattles@bankfinancial.com ("Josh
Battles") wrote:
>> \ *| */ /
>>
>> Is this normal for the 4.7L? It has always done it as far as I can
>remember.
>>
>> Phil
>> '00 4x4 CC 4.7L
>>

>Mine's right in that range as well during normal operation. On the highway
>all the way to/from Jon's it was pegged right about where your rightmost
>asterisk is. It didn't move at all.
>>> dakota@billpitz.com 07/31/03 11:34AM >>>
That seems to be right about the "normal" range.. Mine (4.7) does the
same thing.

I'm still going to switch to Mobil 1 and continue to change the oil
every ~3000 miles. The of the oil and filter is relatively trivial.

On my 318, I have noticed that my oil pressure is lower with 10w30 than 15w50 (duh, it's thinner oil) I have noticed it's about the same range between idle and wot, just at a differen't place on the scale. If you are switching from 10w40 dyno juice to 10w30 mobil1, expect your guage to read a bit lower...