Re: The Aftermath of the 2003 DML BBQ.

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 17:44:10 EDT

Michael Maskalans said:

> I'll stake my guess at around 6000 pounds for you. and that is
> completely uneducated =)

I dunno... I've been figuring around 4000 max for my '95. I'd be
surprised if there's 3000 lbs of difference there. Okay, David has a club
cab, the lift, the V8 and the huge tires, but still.

Come to think of it, I wonder if there are any scales around here where I
could get a few things weighed...

> I'll also stake my bet that any of us would be safe on a trailer with a
> capacity of 7000 pounds. which of course would also put the towed load
> a ways above our tow ratings, but then again who's keeping track? =)

Be careful with that. The trailers I saw were almost all rated to a GROSS
capacity of 7000 lbs, which includes the weight of the trailer itself. If
the trailer is 2000 lbs, that only gives you 5000 lbs of carrying
capacity.

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer