re:Re: Water in cab Gen II

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 08:29:02 EDT

I had a water leak from the factory on my '95 CC. A seam below the rear
window was not sealed from the factory. Water would flow in, pool under
the rear seats and wick/slosh onto the carpet and fill up the front
floorpans. Took 7-8 trips to dealer to fix under warrenty. Had to remove
bed to access the seam.
In the process of locating the leak - I pulled the carpet( dealer replaced
), went to a carwash that had a undercarriage wash and found leaks around
the shifter boot. There were also leaks around both door seals(dealer
replaced them), dealer replaced backslider 2x( probably was not a problem).

A few years later a replacement windshield developed a leak where the glass
was not stuck to the gasket on the drivers side, that got the front carpet
wet. Remove side kick panels and see if water is running down the body -
Push out on windshield -gently- and see if it moves any I could see it pull
away from the gasket. I filled the void with flowable silicone.

Someone needs to invent a car leak technique like they do for RVs. I think
they fill it with smoke, pressurize it and see where it comes out or
something like that.

Victor Williams
Marietta Ga
1995 CC Sport 2wd,5.9l,5sp,3.55LSD,MP sp intake,Flowkooler,K&N
dropin,Jardine catback,Flowmaster 70,CarSound Cat,Jacobs ign,Tow pkg, 257k
miles

>Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:51:38 +0200
>From: <stebel@web.de>
>Subject: Re: DML: Water in cab
>
>I have water in the GEN II. the floor area at the driver side is wet. I
had to take out the carpet >and dry it at the air.