Filter/regulator WAS: Timing Chain/Belt failure in 318 engine

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 20:53:07 EDT

In my case, Bernd was referring to the fuel filter and regulator. These two little gems
are located inside the gas tank on our trucks and like to fill up with crap instead of
passing it on to the injectors. But, they seem to clog after about 65-70K miles. I'm still
running the factory parts at 123K and the truck is getting difficult to start. The
symptoms started on the way back from Colorado last weekend. I have a feeling a picked up
a tank full of gas from a dirty station storage tank. Lucky me, I get to pull the bed on
my truck to replace the fuel filter and regulator.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html