Re: Filter/regulator

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 22:00:06 EDT

On Saturday, Aug 2, 2003, at 20:53 America/New_York, John Neff wrote:

> In my case, Bernd was referring to the fuel filter and regulator.
> These two little gems
> are located inside the gas tank on our trucks and like to fill up with
> crap instead of
> passing it on to the injectors. But, they seem to clog after about
> 65-70K miles. I'm still
> running the factory parts at 123K and the truck is getting difficult
> to start.

I guess I missed that the thread where you mentioned that... a rather
interesting detail since mine has been cranking for longer than it ever
has needed to since I got back from the BBQ.

> Lucky me, I get to pull the bed on my truck to replace the fuel filter
> and regulator.

I just helped Tom replace his fuel pump.... shouldn't I get to be
exempt?

no? damn.

I don't want to think about pulling my bed without a hoist. my topper
is enough of a pain in the ass to move on it's own. but I don't really
want to take care of that this weekend, too.

I'm hereby saying my truck is 'fine'. ha! (see next email)

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech