Re: Brakes squeeling on '02 Dak

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 00:10:25 EDT

I replaced the pads and rotors on my 2001 Dak (with
25,000 miles now),because of a bad pulsation during
braking (no squeal,though). Well,my braking was great
after that for about 1000 miles,then the brakes began
to squeal like a Hussein bodyguard on sodium
pentathol! It`s to the point of being embarrasing now.
I`ve recently found myself slowly creeping up beside
"other leading brand" vehicles at stoplights so that
my brakes won`t make me the object of ridicule,and
that`s just sad. Beginning the braking process early
(about fifty car-lengths back) very easy on the pedal
keeps them from making too much noise,though. Think
I`ll scuff up my old pads and put them back on. I need
a cheap remedy for right now. Then I`ll spend the $300
like everyone else does and get decent brakes.

Steve P.