Re: off road improvements

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 15:26:46 EDT

On Sunday, Aug 3, 2003, at 14:16 America/New_York, Jeffery B. Denning
wrote:

> Michael - I ordered steel skid plates and the front tow hook apparatus
> from Dodge for my 99 4x4;
> here're the part numbers, etc. off the invoice:
>
> "82203839 PLATE PKG 109009" @ $139.24 (I think this
> is the diff. & tc);
> "82203840 PLATE PKG 109009" @ $65.55 (I think this is
> the gas tank, wh you should get, mine's dinged!)
> "82204668 HOOK KIT 1057004" @ $231.65
>
> The hooks are a hassle to install. There're good instructions on the
> home page. I'd use plenty of anti-seize on all the bolts/nuts.

thanks a lot, jeff. that's a huge help since none of the standard
places seem to have skid plates listed. now I can see what the p/ns
turn up.

and I know all about the tow hooks. we put them on barry's truck this
past weekend. what a pain-in-the-ass, stupid design. if for no reason
other than they're just about the lowest thing on the truck. I like
mine better, but keepers would be nice, and so would fog lights ;-)

damn, I just realized I took *no* pictures of putting my tow hooks on.
oh well.

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech