Re: Re: meet report

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 13:48:26 EDT

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:19:14 -0400, andy-dml@levyclan.us (andy levy)
wrote:

>Josh Battles wrote:
>> "Michael Maskalans" <mike-lists@tepidcola.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>well, ah, oops? speaking of which, are they in 6 different folders for
>>>any particular reason?
>>>--
>>

>> They're in the different folders because the crappy digital camera software
>> puts them in a new folder each time you offload the card.
>>
>Say it with me, Josh. USB Cardreader.

No kidding. Saves a lot of time (and wear on the camera batteries).

Josh, is that an Olympus digital camera you have? If so, the solution
to your problem is to set the date and time. I never bothered to set
the date/time on mine, and was irritated that it made a new folder and
started the numbering scheme over each time I moved pictures off the
camera. :-) Once I set the date and time, it kept the same numbering
sequence and put everything into the one folder. Much better...
(Their file naming sequence is based on the date/time, as it happens.)
At first I was pissed that my brand new camera (Olympus C-5050) was
being such a piece of crap.. Seriously, you should get a USB card
reader and copy your pictures that way.

-Bill