Re: Re: meet report

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 13:59:01 EDT

"Bill Pitz" <dakota@billpitz.com> wrote in message
news:at6tiv0ffjpbbm33slkn92rqn0h2uro3ut@4ax.com...

> No kidding. Saves a lot of time (and wear on the camera batteries).
>
> Josh, is that an Olympus digital camera you have? If so, the solution
> to your problem is to set the date and time. I never bothered to set
> the date/time on mine, and was irritated that it made a new folder and
> started the numbering scheme over each time I moved pictures off the
> camera. :-) Once I set the date and time, it kept the same numbering
> sequence and put everything into the one folder. Much better...
> (Their file naming sequence is based on the date/time, as it happens.)
> At first I was pissed that my brand new camera (Olympus C-5050) was
> being such a piece of crap.. Seriously, you should get a USB card
> reader and copy your pictures that way.
>
> -Bill

I've got a Nikon Coolpix 4300 and I've got the date/time set on it. It's
not the fault of the camera, it's the crappy software that came with it. As
previously I've got a USB 2.0 card reader at home, it's in a 3.5" bay and I
love it. I saw it on the intarwebnet and couldn't pass up the deal. It was
under $20 I think, and it's almost instantaneous to unload a 128mb card
using it.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L