Re: hub swap

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 19:13:29 EDT

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 04:21 AM, RayB wrote:

>> Ray, changing your subject completely, can you tell me anything about
>> your hub swap? what you put in, where you got them, how-to, cost?
>>
>> --
>> Michael Maskalans <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
>
> Mike, I had stock '92 Raybestos rotors plugged and re-drilled for the
> 5x4.5"
> pattern by Moser Engineering. This included 3" studs for racing. As
> far
> as I know one can use rotors from a '89/'90 Dak that came with the 5
> lug
> pattern. There's a minor difference in diameter but they use the same
> bearings as the '92 and people have told me they used them with no
> problems.
> Around here, Pep Boys carries the Raybestos products.

thanks for the info, ray. it sounds nicely doable, but not something
that I really want to have to organize and make happen....

I think I'm glad I've found a rim combo for 6 on 4.5 that will probably
work.....
(34x10.5 Swamper LTBs on preferably 16x8 Dodge rims or 15x8 768s - the
tire gets an extra 2 plys on 16s or 17s versus 15s, but the 768s give
me another 1/2" of room for the frame) I still need to find an interco
dealer around here to test fit.

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech