Re: RE: Trans fluid

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 22:45:24 EDT

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 22:03:22 -0400, jldenning@earthlink.net ("Jeffery
B. Denning") wrote:

>What's "TSB"? And, so I'm clear, the deal is +3 is being replaced by +4; +4 is different AND
>preferred for use in my 99?

A TSB is a Technical Service Bulletin released by the manufacturer.
In this case, Chrysler has released a TSB stating that ATF+4 be used
instead of ATF+3 on the vast majority of their transmissions.

In theory, any reputable shop you take your vehicle to should be
checking for this sort of information before doing any major work on
your vehicle for this very reason. (Also, in many cases, if there is
a common problem/complaint that isn't serious enough for a recall, the
manufacturer will issue a TSB with the steps needed to correct the
problem -- can save a LOT of time in troubleshooting.)

-Bill