Re: Need Insurance

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 00:07:22 EDT

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 23:48:57 -0400, ghedlin@theramp.net ("Gary
Hedlin") wrote:

>I was just informed today, after filing a claim on the towing part of my
>auto insurance policy (i'll get to that later) that my insurace company has
>dropped me. They even had the balls to say that my cerebal palsy was a
>factor, but not the main reason they dropped me.
>
>So any recomendations on companies that dont have their head up their a$$,
>and wont break me??

You'll have to go with one of the smaller carriers, as most of the
large ones (State Farm, Allstate, Farmers to name a few) aren't
accepting any new customers at this time.

My general advice is to never file a claim unless you *absoultely*
have to. The insurance company will hold just about everything you do
against you, unless there is another party involved that is clearly at
fault.

-Bill