Argh! Infinity Amp dead/dying

From: Travis Sawyer (tsawyer@watercove.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 09:13:32 EDT

Greetings Listers:

I'm back after a 1.5 year hiatus, searched the
archives and haven't found a match....

I have a '97 4x4 CC with the factory upgrade
speakers/amp package

About 1 week ago, my right front speakers
started crackling, popping and fading out.

So, I swapped the RF with the LF and the lack of output
stayed at the right side. I swapped my pioneer head unit
out for the factory and got the same results.

Searching on the web led me to:
http://www.carstereohelp.com/dodge.htm

Which says the right front is the first to go.

So, I pulled the passenger side sill plat and the
passenger kick panel and pulled out the amp.

Being a computer engineer I've opened up the
amp and have found a little bit of fuzz on one
of the IC's.

Has anyone else on the list had the infinity amp
blow?

Think any junk yards will have these? What years
used these amps?

I'm going to call the stealer and find out how much $$$.

Thanx a bunch,

Travis