Re:CMC/Dynodays

From: Chryguy (bert59000@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 19:35:16 EDT

Hey Josh,

  #1 John says it how he see's it...he pulls punches
for no one. I cringe sometimes when I hear what he
says to people....because they don't know him,and like
you,they can take offense.

  #2 John was F'ing with you about your truck. HIS car
was broke a long time ago(I mean REALLY broke).
  And that was long before Bambi decided to commit
suicide by jumping in front of it...you should have
pointed THAT out to HIM. He takes it as well as he
dishes it out.

  And finally, #3

  I'm sure you don't want to hear this,but I agree
with John.
  I grew up when trucks were trucks...not hot rods.
  Sure,there was the occasional chopped and channeled
50's era F100,a customized Stovebolt,or later a
BigFoot inspired,lifted,monster-tired 4x4,but a truck
was a truck.
  I grew-up on a farm,and trucks were noisy,rough
ridin',high geared-haulin'-mobiles...made to drag
stuff around. Kind of like tractors that went a little
faster(and back then,not a whole lot faster).
  I still feel a truck is a utility vehicle...I bought
mine to push snow and haul big stuff...stuff that
won't fit in my Turbovan.
  Heck,I thought it was stupid when they started
putting carpet in trucks(yes,I'm old enough to
remember when trucks only came with rubber covering
the floor).And I still smile when I see lowering
spindles for trucks(lower a truck? Why?)

  I usually drive my Spirit R/T as a daily driver
instead of my truck because it's a very fast
4dr,and...it gets 30mpg.I can haul my kids around and
actually afford to drive it somewhere.
  Don't get me wrong,I LOVE my truck(don't tell the
GF),and if I could afford it,I'd probably drive it
"almost" all the time....but,the reason I own a bunch
of vehicles is because one vehicle can't be all things
at one time...AND,I've got the(Ren's
voice)"Car-Madness".

  I love the idea of a road racing Dakota R/T...and I
love telling people about it...but I don't think I'd
ever own one. Personally I'd start with something
lower and slicker to push through the air.

  And,I appreciate the work,time,trouble,and money
that you,and guys like you put into their trucks to
get them to do what they do.
  But in a way,it's much like the way I appreciate an
off-brand(non-Mopar)custom car or truck...it's way
cool,but not something I'd do or own.

  More power to you...when you go out and kick tail at
an Auto-X I want to be right up front so I can point
you out and go, "Yep,uh huh,I know that
guy"...and,point out the fact that your drivin'a Dodge
of course!

  Anyway...next time you see John,ask him if the junk
yard still wants his car back...or if they kicked it
out permenently. ;-l

  And when he's givin'you the "You Should's"...listen
to him...my favorite saying is..."Even a blind pig
finds an acorn once in a while"...ya'never
know,he,(like everyone else) MIGHT...make sense
occasionally.

                       Take care,
                         Chryguy