Re: 2004 Dakota update!!!

From: jdurling@bellsouth.net
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 10:43:55 EDT

> Isn't the Tundra a full size? I know the T100 was mid-size.
>
> --
> -Droo
> Email: 03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net

You, that's where it has been placed.

As for the Dakota......we'll I have to agree with Andy that DC has either
lost interest or the Germans can't figure out how to market it. What bother
me for the future of the line is that every year for the last three ytears
they have taken options away, cheapened up what was alrady on the truck, and
yes they have dropped virtually all metion of it.

My gut feeling is they don't really know what to do with the future of the
line. I would say that if the Colorado is a success it will either get them
motivated to compete or they will just give the segment over to Chevy and
Ford (since the Ranger is also being moved to the midsize catagory in the
next couple of years). One ting that DC has to stop doing on any model is
taking things away that make it obvious they are being cheaper each year
that the model is out. Kind of strange they do that since most others add
items to the vehicle or intergrate options into standard features to both
bring the price down a hair and since the longer a model is out the more
they make )or get closer to breaking even) due to the return on it.

I would ultimately say that the future is uncertain for the Dakota. Yes,
there is supposed to be a new one out but if it comes out and cannot compete
against the others I would say they just drop it.

Jeff Durling