Idle Air Control Motor

From: BlackDak93 (stephen.barnett@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 12:46:22 EDT

I know that the Idle Air Control Motor provides air for the engine at idle,
but can someone explain to me why it opens up during acceleration? I don't
know if it is worse with a high flow air filter or if you just hear it more,
but it sound like sh**t. It sounds like it is sucking it's last dying gasp
of breath. Is the stock TB not allowing enough air in or what? I have had
this happen on two different engines, 3.9 and 5.2, and have replaced the
IACM even though it wasn't bad. I'm sure others have experienced this. I'm
about ready to pitch my K&N just because I can't stand the noise. Is there
any remedy for this?