RE: Keyless Entry Remote

From: Norah Bleazard (norah.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 08:48:51 EDT

I just recently had to have the module replaced which controls the security
system and both sets of remotes needed to be reprogrammed to the new module.
Our remotes controlled both the power door locks and activation of the
security system. The reprogramming procedure had to be performed by the
technician using a small unit that he brought out to the truck and connected
to something (I couldn't see what) underneath the dash. So I don't believe
you'll be able to do it yourself with a series of ignition turns. The
manual only states controls you can change or modify, but not the initial
programming.

Norah Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
hers: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black (Black Diamond)
prev: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 5.2 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Widow)
prev: '95 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Ice)
prev: '93 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, electric blue
(Enterprise)
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white (White Knight)