Re: RE: Keyless Entry Remote

From: Jayson Woodruff (woodrufj@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 16:03:41 EDT

Okay, now you made me get my manual.

I didn't notice your year, but this is out of a 2000 book (p13). '01s
and better might be different.

"Programming Additional Transmitters
Up to four transmitters can be programmed. When programming a new
transmitter, all transmitters intended for use with this vehicle, except
the transmitter used to start the programming mode, must be programmed
within the 30-second programming mode. To program a transmitter, turn
the ignition switch to the ON position with the vehicle stopped. Press
and hold the unlock button on a currently programmed transmitter for a
minimum of four seconds and a maximum of 10 seconds. While pressing the
unlock button, press and release the panic button. Release the unlock
button and a single chime will sound. This indicates that the module is
in programming mode. Within thirty seconds, press and release the lock
or unlock button on all transmitters intended for use with this vehicle
except the transmitter used to start the programming mode. Successful
programming will be indicated by a single chime. If you do not have a
programmed transmitter, contact you dealer for details.

NOTE: When programming mode is entered, programming is cleared from
programmed transmitters and the transmitters will need to be reprogrammed."

Jay W
505/287 Dakota