Gear swap completed

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 13:57:11 EDT

Well, we got our 3.55 to 3.92 gear swap completed in the Quad Cab a little
over a week ago, so I figured I'd post some observations. It definitely
makes a noticeable difference without bringing the RPMs up enough to be
obnoxious. Really seems to wake up the 4.7, especially with the 31"
tires. As we all know, this engine loves to rev.

Total price for labor was $1200 CDN. Pretty steep, but I wanted to make
sure it was done properly. The work was done at Redline Automotive in
Scarborough, and I'm definitely impressed by their work and level of
professionalism. No wonder Bob Tom swears by them :-).

The front gear set I got from Koller Dodge for $222 US. I got the rear
set from Bob, but new from Koller they would have been $318 US. This is
the best price I was able to find, as these are "overhaul packages" that
include most of the necessary installation kit as well. The only extras
that I was charged were two crush collars, a pinion nut and the fluid.

Just so this information is in the archives, here are the part numbers:
front 3.92 gear overhaul kit (Chrysler 8" axle): 5015895AA
rear 3.92 gear overhaul kit (Chrysler 8.25" axle): 4882132AB

So... anyone interested in a lightly used set of 3.55 ring & pinion gears?

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer