Re: W32.Blaster.Worm

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 22:05:39 EDT

Chris Orr wrote:

> For those who are using windows, run windows update.
> There is a new worm going around...and its spreading quick.
> Here is some info on it for the curious...
> http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html
>
> For the last 3 or 4 hours, Ive had nothing but calls about this worm.
> Just thought I would try to get the word out.
>
> -chris
>
> --
> This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

I got it this morn :(
didnt open any progs. either, weird.
and a virus scan couldnt find it so i
had to reformat and reinstall.

luckily I keep backups weekly on another partition

the fix is here
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C8B8A846-F541-4C15-8C9F-220354449117&displaylang=en

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)