Re: W32.Blaster.Worm

From: VRMan (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 14:44:49 EDT

Yeah. It isn't an attachment. If you got it, that means it sent itself to
your computer thru the flaw in Micro$oft windows XP or 2000. Once it's in,
it downloads a program to your computer and then starts scanning for another
computer to infect.

Luckily, it isn't destructive. Supposedly it will start a Denial of Service
attack on Microsoft on a certain date.

If you have a firewall up, no problem. If you keep your XP/2K updated, no
problem ( i check for updates weekly here at work). If not, update your
virus program (i do ours here daily) and it'll find it.

BTW, I got it on my home computer last night also. (I have a firewall on my
laptop, so no problem there.) Looks like I need to practice at home what I
do at work!! DOH! :)

--
Phil Batson
'00 4x4 CC 4.7L