Re: Clear Headlight Sale

From: Dave Downing (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 15:06:13 EDT

> what I'm wondering is, how does their light output compare to the stock
headlight assemblies? I'd expect it to be a bit more focussed, and I'm
wondering how it effects night performance. When I'm out at night, I'm in
one of two situations - I can't tell if my lights are on or not, or it's
DARK, so I'd like the best light output possible.

I put a set of these on last week, right before I drove down to the R/T
Nats. They look awesome, but they're not the best for night vision. They
throw light probably about 1/2-3/4 the distance that the stock lights do
(I'm running the stock bulbs, they might work better with brighter bulbs).
And they fogged up on me the next day, granted it was extremely humid, and
raining off and on, and the corner bulbs didn't seal very well (I didn't
wire up the corner bulbs that came with it, which seem to seal pretty well,
I used to stock corner bulbs, which barely fit in there. I'm sure if you
took the time to seal everything good, they'd be fine. Mine however, are
going on e-bay, I have poor night vision as it is, and I need all the light
I can get. I'll probably just pick up a set of clear corners that match the
stock headlights (any recommendations from anyone?). Not bashing, just
sharing my experience.

-Dave
'02 FR RC R/T