Tires on 2WD 2000 club cab

From: Mierzejwski, Robert J. (rmierzej@telcordia.com)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 17:32:31 EDT

Of course I'm sure there has been discussion on tire sizes a billion times
before, and I have searched the archives... However..

I have a 2wd club cab 4.7 liter with the load capacity towing pack or
whatever it's called and the 3.92 rear ratio. So.. The stocks are Goodyear
wrangler RT/S 235/75/R15 right? Ok, I'm torn between keeping the relatively
low car-like stance or going with the widest/tallest tire I can jam on there
without modifying anything. I have about $120 per tire to spend and I was
thinking about replacing the stocks with the exact same tire, the same size
in a different brand, or going with something like the BFG all terrain 9.5 x
30. (10.5 x 31??) I don't care much about slight speedo problems.

What have you guys been able to get on your 2WD Daks without any rubbing at
all? Also, in general how do you like BFG AT KO's?

Bobby
New Jersey