RE: Trying to keep it cool

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 20:40:06 EDT

>1) Replace the stock fan and aux. electric with big electric that I can
>then hook up to a new temp sensor so it will kick in around 150 - 160
>instead of 210.

I put in a Viper fan in my 2000 QC with the 4.7L. Its keeps every thing cool
last week with temps up to 109deg outside!

>2) Install an oil cooler (although I have no idea where I'd put it without
>it adding more head to the radiator /evaporator air flow).

I had a oil cooler on my dak for a while. It was mounted on the A/C
evaporator and the A/C suffered for it.

3) Bigger radiator. Does any one know how many rows the stock radiator for
the 5.9 has?

If and when the time comes to replace my stock radiator I'll be looking for
a larger capacity radiator myself.

>4) All of the above. But did I mention I'm on a budget and have a kid on
>the way and my wife would kill me?

Hmmmmmm Congrads on the little one on the way. The Viper fan was $150 plus
nickel and dime
another $70 plus for the install. Wish you the best of luck with the Kid,
wife and fan!
Photos of fan at www.mallettservices.com/viperfan.html

Don