Re: Need exhaust system upgrade advice

From: BlackDak93 (stephen.barnett@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 10:32:37 EDT

I figure I might as well throw in my $.02. I had a pretty decent sounding
OEM style (Not Dakota) 3" single in / 2.25" dual out through MPRP resonator
tips. About a month ago, I decided I wanted a little more sound, but nothing
too loud. I looked for a Flowmaster 70 but the local shops didn't have it
and didn't seem to be able to get it. I went with a Flowmaster 50. It sounds
pretty good, but is louder than I wanted. Interior resonance is not bad, but
my wife says there is a motorcycle that drives our street and everytime she
hears it she thinks it is me. She doesn't know what is, but I'm not too wild
about the idea that my truck sounds like any motorcycle. But besides being a
little on the loud side, I now have a very annoying rumble and sputtering
and backfiring when I let off the gas. I don't know if it is the muffler or
something with my truck, but I do know the Flowmaster 50 probably not remain
on my truck for very long.