Re: Re: Need exhaust system upgrade advice

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 12:16:27 EDT

BlackDak93 wrote:
  But besides being a
> little on the loud side, I now have a very annoying rumble and sputtering
> and backfiring when I let off the gas. I don't know if it is the muffler or
> something with my truck, but I do know the Flowmaster 50 probably not remain
> on my truck for very long.

Well... if it's a really sharp *POP*, it's probably an exhaust leak
drawing oxygen into the pipe and causing combustion. I know I had that
noise and an exhaust leak before the cat, and after I fixed the leak, no
more of that noise.

The rumble is supposed to be there... That's how an engine sounds while
decelerating from high in the revs through Flowmasters. If you don't
like it, push the clutch in and let off the gas or shift the auto into
O/D, you shouldn't hear any rumble then.

You could also turn up the radio... ;P