Belt Tensioner

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 14:40:51 EDT

  Quick question about the belt tensioner on my truck. It was replaced at
around 40,000 miles in an effort to locate a rattle in the engine (mechanic
thought the rattle might be coming from the belt tensioner but it ended up
being the timing chain). Anyway, the truck now has about 125,000 miles on
it and it sounds like the bearing in the pulley is going bad. Has anyone
replaced just the pulley instead of getting the whole unit? I assume it's
possible and probably a lot cheaper.
Thanks.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6