Re: Re: PB/LB

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 12:40:32 EDT

On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 12:01 PM, VRMan wrote:

> Don't have one between the cab and box. I think that is just a
> reflection of
> the light. Here is a side shot: http://www.ogzr.org/vrman/vrtruck2.jpg
> I do
> have a chrome door strip on each door to protect the edge.

funny how well that reflection matched the real chrome strip =)

> What you can't see in the pics are my bed cover. I put the pace
> edwards roll
> top in. Always turns heads when I'm loading up at the store. :)
> (http://www.pace-edwards.com/rolltop.asp)

I was looking at one of those last year while I was having my bed lined
and cap painted. they look pretty nifty, but one of the guys at the
shop said they get them coming back, usually after a winter's use -
they seem not to put up well with salt and sand in the track and in the
springs, and ice and snow on top needs to be cleared off before you can
get into your bed. still seems great for warmer climates, though.

> Only problem I've found with the cover is that when I go camping, I'm
> tight
> for room! lol. I was thinking of adding on one of those cargo carrier
> hitch
> thingies for the back end. Or maybe rigging a big rubbermaid container
> hook onto the bed rails. :)

if you're going to put on a hitch platform, you might as well just
leave the bed cover open and tarp it to keep it dry... looks a little
less pathetic IMO ;-)

of course, depending on what you're carrying, you could rig up
something between your bed rails, possibly using a rooftop system from
Thule or Yakima.
<http://www.thule.com/>
<http://www.yakima.com/home.html>

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech