Re: ignition system help

From: John Bell (john_bell_2@hushmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 19:28:20 EDT

You want to get the Accel 300+ kit that comes with the 300+ coil.

Bernd put 8mm JBA wires in my ride, no complaints there.

After that, you'll want a brass cap and rotor - you can go all Accel and get
one from them (come to think of it, you can get Accel plug wires, too).

I've been eyeing the Accel kit for my ride, along with some headers, custom
y-pipe, and relocating the IAT. After those items are dropped in I'll be
pretty much done.

--
JB

""garett"" <hiltigarett@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Law15-DAV13vwDBradf00025d30@hotmail.com... > > i have a 98 dak with a 3.9L and i am interested in modifying my ignition > system but i do not really know much. i have been looking through the > archives and i just get more confused, so i figured i would just ask. > > from what i understand i need to get a MSD 6a, new ignition coil, new 8mm > wires and some new spark plugs. from what i have read it looks like the > Autolite 3923's would be good for my plugs, but what do you guys recommend > for the ignition coil and the wires? there is so much to choose from and i > have no clue on how to go about determining which is right for my truck.