RE: ignition system help

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 10:08:59 EDT

I'm running the MSD 6a, MSD Blaster SS coil, Accel 8mm wires and Autolite 3923 plugs. I've
had this setup running now for 75K miles. I made my own wiring harness so I can bypass all
of the MSD components and return to stock operation in about 30 seconds should the need
arise. So far, it hasn't. This setup runs great but don't expect the any change in mileage
or power. The only change I can tell in my truck is the throttle is more responsive when
I'm pulling my trailer at highway speeds. Here's are couple of pictures of the installed
ignition in my truck.

http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/msdcoil.jpg
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/msd.jpg

John