Re: The Good The Bad And The Creepy

From: BARRY OLIVER (dhspa58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 20:14:05 EDT

Awesome dude, in a year this will be nothing but a good story... As far
as the wheels, I would sandblast then and paint/powdercoat them black.
I think Black looks meaner with mud tires anyway. Chrome is for
wussies!!! (disclaimer: all of the shiny parts on my truck are
stainless steel or plastic) Keep us posted!

                              -Barry
MCP, A+, Network+, Server+
===============================
Efficiency is doing things right.
Effectiveness is doing the right things.
Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking.
===============================
Contact Info:
217-899-6105 Cell 217-467-8673 Page
217-558-6000 Desk barryoliver@novanis.com
Username: barrysuperhawk
on AIM, Yahoo, MSN and AT&T IM clients
>>> SilverEightynine@earthlink.net 08/18/03 17:43 PM >>>

The Good: I got Christine started today and moved it into a better
position in the garage.

I also tested one of my CB radios and it is still functional. Its the
radio shack CB too LOL

The Bad: my brand new chrome wheels are starting to pit and rust. I am

going to clean them up as best I can. I get the feeling that they were
not a high quality chrome job. Anyone have any tips as to how I can
keep them from rusting??

The Creepy: When I drove christine out of the grage - I saw a large
puddle of engine oil on the floor. I obviously have a bad gasket now.
But there were little worm like thigns IN the oil on the floor. Dozens
of them. I took some photos. I don't know wher ethe hell they came
from I have never seen anything like that before. About 1/9th of an
inch thick - by about an inch long. My only guess as to how they got
there, is that they must have been in the grassy crap that got stuck to
the underside of the truck from going through the pit. They dropped off

and died in the oil. Really freakin gross and creepy man...

Terrible Tom

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 - aka "Christine" Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name And Yahoo Messenger Name: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/