RE: OT: Jeep Cherokee Info

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 09:40:13 EDT

<snip>

> Thanks for the input-> Mark in Kentucky
> 95 CC 4X4 3.9

In addition to my Dak, I also have a 2000 Grand Cherokee 4x4 with the 4.7L
V8. Wife and I like it a lot! We bought it new in April of 2000 and now
have about 29,000 miles on it. Only problem was a drive shaft that was
causing some noise during the first year. Replaced under warranty. My
brother-in-law had a 2000 GC with the six and could not get as good gas
mileage as I got during a trip we took together with both trucks. He has
since bought a 2003 with the V8. :-)

Mine's been up a creek and didn't need a paddle. ;-) It's made about a 100
passes down a drag strip and brought us 2 wins while running a best of 15.40
@ 85 mph. Average gas mileage around town is 16-18 during the summer and
14-16 in the winter. Best mileage on a trip has averaged 25.6 mpg at 70
mph.

It might be a little cramped on long drives with a family of five but we've
done it several times without hearing complaints. Rides nice and handles
curves great, especially now with Edelbrock AIS shocks.

RayB