Re: Chicago Area Dyno Day

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 11:31:42 EDT

I have no problem waiting for September for either of you (Barry and Jodi)
and I want to take a collection up because I've been burned in the past. I
set up a dyno day (booked a whole day for like $800) because about 25 people
had confirmed that they would go. Well, that day rolls around and only 6
people including myself showed up at the shop. The 6 of us got stuck
splitting the $800 since we had already booked the whole day and the guy
couldn't take any more appointments.

This is a little diffferent, but I'd like to get the definates and the
maybes sorted out. I figure that if you pay me (and the shop eventually)
that people are more likely to follow through with their commitment. I want
a way to weed out the maybes that will probably not show... This is gonna
cost me (and the other participants) some cash, and the more people that
actually come, the lower the final price.

Right now the only definates that I've heard are Barry, Chad, myself, as
well as some of my friends (non dakota owners)

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""BARRY OLIVER"" <DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us> wrote in message news:sf41e946.079@mail.dhs.state.il.us... > > Sooo...is this a convoluted way of asking for a deposit? Ok, how many > people do we need, and would we need the whole thing up front or just > part. If you can wait 'til September, my schedule is much better... > > >>> jbattles@bankfinancial.com 08/19/03 08:21AM >>> > ....I'm hoping to pick a date and set it in stone soon. I'd like to > take up a > collection and pay the shop ahead of time to guarantee that the people > who > say they'll come will actually come. However if I don't get enough > interest > I might just go by myself..... >