Re: RE: '01 4x4 Quad Cab (Gas Mileage, Towing)

From: Jeffery B. Denning (jldenning@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 19:04:15 EDT

The drag coefficient study is an interesting url. I read a snippet of an article in "Trailer
Life" magazine that gave much better marks to full caps that are no higher than cab roof line,
though. Anyhow, I've got a soft tonneau (which I highly recommend b/c it's so easy to get out of
the way when you need all of your bed, looks good and so on). I doubt, however, that it would
perform as well in the drag test b/c it deforms wildly at speed (dips in the back, bubbles up in
the front).

snip> >