RE: GAS PRICES going UP

From: Garret Lewis (ladysmithgwl@1bigred.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 16:21:50 EDT

"Premium is up to $1.75 here in Atlanta, and our taxes are some of the
lowest
in the country...just plain ripping us off here."

I know that people have to make a living and I have no problem with that,
but I think that gas companies just rip us off all of the time. For
example, Joe's Gas station buys gas at $.90/gallon and sells it at $1.10 to
make a profit. Gas prices jump by $.20/gallon. Joe's Gas station is now
selling the gas at $1.30/gallon increasing his profit margin. Now if gas
prices dropped by $.20/gallon, Joe's Gas station would not drop prices until
all the gas he bought at the higher price was sold. Buy working the cost
basis and prevailing market, gas stations maximize profit margins at our
expense.

Just my thoughts,
Garret
1997, cc, 4x4, v8