Re: Factory Service Manual

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 15:29:22 EDT

Opinions...I got opinions...
If you buy the printed manual, it's easier to read, out in your
shop/driveway
The printed manual keeps it's resale value better than the truck it's
for
Your resale value consists of copying it 20 times and selling each copy
on Ebay.
It's easier to read the CD copy at work (and look like you are actually
working)
The printed manual can serve as a field expedient chair, jack block and
bug masher.
The CD manual is cheaper, but quality is partially dependant
  on your printer and monitor, and
  MORE dependent on wheather you get
  a scanned copy (crappy, from fiche) or an original
  copy (really hard to come by, buy VERY worth it,
  in fact if anyone actually has an original cd
  manual (not just a scanned microfiche)
  I would REALLY like to get a copy...)

>>> michael9@michael9.com 08/20/03 01:09PM >>>

Bill Pitz said:
> You can get them from Chrysler's "Tech Authority" site
> (www.techauthority.com). $90 there, I think.
>
> The print and CD versions are both $79.95 at Wyckoff Chrysler's
online
> shop,

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/wyckoff-chrysler-parts/dakfacserman.html.

Anyone have an opinion on print versus CD service manuals? I'm
computer
inclined, so I'd probably order a CD version. Any downside to that?
I'm
assuming the CD is in a format where the relevant materials could be
printed?

Michael
01 4.7L 4x4 QC