Aftermarket ball joints hold up OK? (2001 4x4)

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 21:43:47 EDT

Well,my front end is starting to thump,squeak,and
rattle on bumpy pavement lately. It never has felt
solid to me from day one. Kinda loose. I suspect the
ball joints may be losing what initial quality they
had. And I do stress INITIAL quality! :) My questions
are:

1.)Why exactly do the originals not hold up? Is it
really the lack of grease,or are they too small? Is it
too much leverage and pressure on the suspension
because of the large wheels and tires? I`d like to
know why they fail so much.

2)Is there a superior replacement brand,or are all the
aftermarket ball joints about the same? Do they all
come with zerk fittings?

3)I would also like to know,if anyone has already
installed aftermarket ball joints on a 2001 (or
identical configuration) Dak 4x4,how are they holding
up?

Thanks. Steve P.

2001 RC Sport 4x4 4.7L 45RFE 3.92 LSD