Re: injectors

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 00:45:15 EDT

I'm not a proponent of a larger injector with a factory or MP PCM unless A/F
mandates the need to go bigger.

Look at the rwhp numbers I'm kicking out with Design III 19 lb/hr (rated 3
bar) injectors!! 278 rwhp full belt, 285 with a short belt (race setup),
292 no belt.

Before the M1 and Design IIIs I was running a little lean (for my tastes) on
the dyno, so when I installed the M1 2bbl, I upped the fuel ante just a
smidgen (spec'd at 19.8 SAE) with the Design IIIs. A/F ratios were between
12.5 and 11.5 during the best hp and ft/lb areas of the pull with the M1 and
Design IIIs (right where I wanted them).

The 408 project is an entirely different animal though. Accel DFI to
control a cam with 288/293 gross duration, 236/242 @ .050
lift 555/576 - 1.6 ratio, 66 degree overlap, intake open 32 btdc exhaust
close 34.5 atdc and dual stage NO2 (dry), so I'll be using SIZEABLE
injectors (probably around 55 - 65 lb/hr) to help cover the NO2 load. Heads
are be out to 2.08 on the intake, and 1.62 on the exhaust. Castings are
Magnum R/T and heavily ported. But this will basically be a race motor.
Expectation is around 400 rwhp NA. I'll have to see once it is in and
tuned.

I posted a challenge for Merx/Damon/ScottQ/etal to be ready to duke it out
next year for the R/T nats ;-) We all better have cages if we want to keep
racing hahaha

TonyC