Re: return trip

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 03:57:41 EDT

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 02:57 PM, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> That ferry sounds pretty cool;
> I've thought about taking it myself, but got the heebie-jeebies
> thinking about my Dak sitting on that big lake with nowhere to go
> but down... ;-)

yeah, that thought was closer last night than it's ever been, since it
was actually kinda rough out, and we had quite the thunderstorm chasing
us across the lake (funny how much slower 15 kts is than 70 mph when
considering a storm catching up on *you*). I think I've made the
crossing about half a dozen times now and I've got nothing bad to say.
for the price of a hotel, I get a 4 hour nap and save driving through
chicago. need I say more?

if anyone has any questions that <http://www.ssbadger.com/> doesn't
answer, I can certainly take a stab.

g'night, or at least close to it, from cleveland.

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak.html>