Re: GAS PRICES going UP

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 03:42:58 EDT

scsilverdak wrote:
> As far as why that is..........I have no idea!
>
> I do know that if they charge Bob a lower price than before on his next
> delivery he lowers it accordingly...........
>
> it also seems to depend on an area's economy
> as that seems to have an effect as well........
>
> I've also seen where stations with high overhead expenses will adjust the
> price to help cover costs...........

Ok, being that I work part time in a gas station, I will tell you how we
adjust our prices. It's pretty complicated, make sure you're all
sitting down.

Chevron's regional price control board calls us up, tells us what the
new price is, and we change it. Oh yeah, sometimes, if the station
across the street changes their price, we call up Mr. Chevron and let
them know.

Granted, the actual gasoline portion of the station is owned by Chevron,
and independent stations (the lil' mom-n-pop shop,) will likely have
different criteria for adjusting the prices. The reality is, the vast
majority of stations' gasoline prices are NOT controlled by the
individual station. So please don't gripe to the poor SOB behind the
counter about the price of gas, not only because he has no control over
it, but also because he and his buddy will make fun of you while you're
leaving - I know I do.

All I know is that I paid $0.865/L for Regular on Tuesday, and that
sucked.