RE: Stuck Bolt

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 20:01:27 EDT

Mike,

Grab yourself a can of the computer "air" (compressed air in a can) and
try the following:

(1) Heat up the area around the bolt
(2) Turn the compressed air can upside down (releases the propellant)
(3) Spray the bolt (hold the nozzle very close to the bolt) with the
compressed air (It will freeze the bolt)
(4) Try to remove the bolt

If that doesn't work...EZ-Out is about the only thing left (or an
extractor). You have to drill through the bolt before using an EZ-Out
though.

- Bernd