Re: Re: re: another 'new' guy (longish)

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@OTTERBEIN.EDU)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 21:48:19 EDT

Aaron:

If you're using stock v8 springs, I'm not sure what the difference will be.
In my case, the springs were designed for a 2" drop in a v6/v8, so
out-of-the-box, they were noticably shorter than my stock springs. They are
just much stiffer so in a lighter truck, I won't get the full effect. I wish
I had thought to measure before I did it. I don't think the front dropped
much if any. Those springs certainly firmed up the ride however. I'd be
willing to bet that a fully dressed 2.5 weighs about as much as a 5.2/5.9
shortblock. When I do the 2" spindles, I think I'll cut half a coil and see
what happens. I'm going for a 4/3 drop total.
Here's a 'before' shot.
http://www.otterbein.edu/home/fac/tmtppndl/truck/before.jpg
Here's an 'after' shot.
http://www.otterbein.edu/home/fac/tmtppndl/truck/after.jpg

Tim

<snip>
How much of a height difference did the springs make in the front. I have a
2.5L right now.. with a new set of V8 springs waiting to go in; I've been
holding off till I know how far I'll need to raise the rear to keep it even.
Aaron Wyse 1994 RC 2.5L 5spd.. no AC, PS, carpet.. or converter.

<snip>