Re: Rancho Shocks

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 13:55:37 EDT

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:38:39 -0400, samjperez@hotmail.com ("Sam
Perez") wrote:

>Time for new shocks. I have heard alot of ya'll using Rancho shocks. They
>pledge to give a 3' ride height increase according to summit catalog. Can I
>bolt these on all four corners of a 2wd 2000 dodge Dakota and if I can does
>anyone have part numbers. Is there any long term effects i.e.: tire wear
>etc. Additionally any input (negative or Positive) regarding these
>shocks.greatly appreciated.

Shocks will not give you any change in ride height.

The shocks you're looking at in the Summit catalog are probably the
ones for trucks with a Rancho 3" suspension lift. You need to get the
regular ones or you won't be able to fit the shocks on your truck
without also installing a suspension lift.

I have had the RS9000X shocks on my truck since June and I've been
very happy with them. I can keep them soft for everyday driving and
then stiffen them up when I need to tow my trailer.

-Bill